Poncho chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I watched a video of a guy making a "lightweight bushcraft chair" out of nylon. And then flogging them for 30 bucks. I hate carrying single use items that can't be repurposed or used elsewhere.

So it got me thinking, I carry a 58 pat poncho with me, use it as a ground sheet,tarp, hell occasionally even a poncho!!

I have no images uploaded yet but basically as follows;

Make an 'A' frame with 2x 6-7 ft poles and a shorter cross member. Lean the frame against your chosen tree. Place your poncho around the cross member and stud it up(hood will be lying near ground). Tie a slip knot and scrunch up the top of the poncho (which incidentally is the bottom of it). Tighten loop round it and the. Tie to tree/frame. Leave the poncho lying slightly loose.

And that's you. The heavy duty nylon holds weight well and you have a light, easy to carry multi purpose item...unless it rains when your sitting down :-/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE