Planning Polish Lavvu.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hoping to get out for a solo 2 nighter toward the end of the month, using my old lavvu.
With this in mind, I thought I'd set it up in the garden to season, and air out in readiness.
We're expecting some heavy rain and dry spells over the weekend, so should be great to bring up the canvases natural waterproofness.

IMG_20201112_111901.jpg

Reactions: ScottE

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Will you be doing a trial run before hand? I keep meaning to do some “training” in the garden with the puppy before we venture out for real. The last thing I want is to be on the hill with him whining all night!

Reactions: crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Will you be doing a trial run before hand? I keep meaning to do some “training” in the garden with the puppy before we venture out for real. The last thing I want is to be on the hill with him whining all night!
I've used this for a few years now, but I've had the lavvu dry stored since february, hence the seasoning. No I won't be doing any trial runs, no puppy, I'll just go and enjoy.
:)

Reactions: FerlasDave

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Never had qn issue with the lavvu leaking enough to drip. Should be golden mate.
what frame are you using with that ?
I had a bit of leak once through one of the arm holes, but some clear silicone cured that. What I wanted was to give it a good old airing and a check, as it's been sitting in the bottom of my kit store since february.

Robbi, here's pics.
IMG_20201115_135537.jpgIMG_20201115_135553.jpg

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
My size 2 lavvu is held up with a walking staff cut just at the right size..I’d love to show photos of my walking staff in use,it’s made with hazel with a carved wood spirit with a carved ash ball on top.
I’ve no idea how to put a photo on here though?

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
I dosed mine in fabsil gold the day before I wanted to use it! The stench was overwhelming..there was no way I was going to put a candle anywhere near it?however it did keep the midges away
I also neatly cut the shroud thingy off to save a fraction off the weight, which I cut up for use as charcloth

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
The arm holes are designed to drain out. But if you pitch the thing inside out. ie. With the shoulder flaps outside. It can drain inside. A close look at the bottom of the arm, and you should see what I mean.
I re-stitched the arm holes on mine so that any water getting through the flap would drain externally, with it pitched shoulder flaps outside. (The flaps kept getting in the way, when on the inside.)
I didn't just seal them, as I wanted to keep it useable as a poncho (or two).

I doused my in fabsil too. But only used it a couple of times and both were dry weekends, since the mods. So can't comment on if it works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE