polish bed roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Do you mean this,
bedroll.jpgCzech army bedroll. Or this.
81c3f81279e101a0fbf94ae34c05225c.jpgIf you mean the Polish army sleep mat, I love mine, but only for car camping, it's very bulky and heavy. Good luck with finding one they are as rare as hens teeth.

rsmith

Jul 15, 2010
Bristol
Hi, I haven't seen these for sale for five years - military mart was the only seller I knew of. I'd call them and keep an eye on eBay.
That said, with 10cm self inflating foam mats, I'm not sure a polish one is worth searching hard for - mine kept needing to be 'fluffed' up all the time to be comfy and not lumpy and I binned it in favour of a gelert tranquility 10cm pad (£40) which is amazing.
If you want something similar (a more normal mattress) I think a swag bedroll mattress (google) would work, or a search eBay for a 'folding foam mattress' - lots of people swear by these for car camping - and for £28, it's only a few quid more than a polish one would have been 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I too had been looking hard for these, and have contacted Military Mart several times but no joy. Nor Varusteleka in Finland.

Currently for a small tent, I use a "self inflator" from "ThisIsIt" stores called a Trail, and £10. Superb. But I fancied couple of the Polish thingies for use in a bell tent?

The only similar alternatives I have found seem around £100 !!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
RTI Military Surplus (http://rti-militarysurplus.com) in Lutterorth have a couple of the padded kip mats in stock at the moment. They're rolled up so I cannot state their condition.

The website is trade only, but their bricks and mortar shop is open to the public from Thursday through to Sunday.

Usual disclaimers, no connection other than being a satisfied and repeat customer.

deej517

Nov 20, 2010
South Lanarkshire
I may have one of the mats in the loft which I got from Military Mart a few years ago, I'll have a look for it tomorrow. They are bulky and by no means light in weight. I used mine for canoe camping where I wasn't going to be carrying it very far. There are much lighter options out there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE