Polish Army Tent

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
thanks to shewie pointing these out a number of people have bought one of these great bits of kit, including myself :D

so what do you all think of them? and what are you going to change/add to/take away etc etc. Just share ALL your thoughts :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Well i've used it in heavy rain unproofed and it was fine,quite windy that night too.

I've now proofed it with Thompsons water seal as suggested to me by Gill.

Thinking of using velcro to shut the entrance flaps.

Going to try and configure a wood burner to fit it.

Using a cheap waterproof picnic rug in one half and bivi bag for sleeping area.

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Mine has been proofed with Fabsil. After I had put a few stitches through all the buttons (a bit belt and braces I know but it gives me a little piece of mind)

Will put the thing together again all down one side and 3 buttons down the other and store/carry it that way.

Not decided on how to protect it whilst on the move yet. Depends on the shopping trip on Saturday.

Working on a very simple lace system for cold/tired hands that requires no mod or stitching but an easy exit and close up.

Pegs have been replaced. Lighting/heat is in mind at the mo. But I was happy enough with both when I used it last. The ground sheet of an IPK has been cut down for the sleeping half. Mostly just to protect my gear a bit.

That's the lot really. I'm really looking forward to the next meet in it.

Happy days...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thinking of using velcro to shut the entrance flaps.

What's the door closure on them anyway Tom, do they just hang loose or are there buttons in place ?

Mine's nicely rolled up still with leather straps keeping it all together. Hopefully gonna get to have a play tomorrow afternoon.

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Buttons on there Shewie. If you fully close one half, it makes a very nice overlap. As in you can overlap one side, with the other side, topped with the original side again ( a sandwich)

As you go past that; and over the top, it changes a little. Still 3 layers but two form one half, one from the other. All snug and good and tight though.

I'll be having mine out again tomorrow all (weather) being well. I think some photos might help some on this. Simples kit but there are tweaks here and there.

HTH.

Neil

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
What's the door closure on them anyway Tom, do they just hang loose or are there buttons in place ?

Mine's nicely rolled up still with leather straps keeping it all together. Hopefully gonna get to have a play tomorrow afternoon.

yep theres buttons on it Rich.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE