Pocketed photo/hunting/fishing vests/waistcoats/gilets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dodger

Oct 4, 2009
UK
Following on from Wayland's pocketses threat... I bought a Domke Photo vest a few years back and over time, various bits of non-photographic kit (e.g. emergency kit, Laplander, GPS, DC4, torch, SteriPEN, binoculars, etc.) have ended up in its pocketses. It's a great way of carrying more kit than your trouser pockets can hold without having to resort to a bag.

Does anyone else use anything like this?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Now I'm quite the opposite and can't do with having stuff in my pockets. Usually it's just my baccy and a lighter and then a knife on my belt, everything else goes into a pack and I get them out as needed. I'm a bit weird like that though and can't even be doing with coins in my trouser pockets :rolleyes:

Used to fly fish with all my gear in my fishing vest, but was quite heavy, so therefore tiring and gave me terrible neck ache. Also occured to me that it wasn't that safe around water.
So now use a bag.
Years ago got a nice camo jacket from The Gap, which has 18 pockets of various sizes. But again don't tend to stuff it with too much heavy stuff.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I wear a vest year-round. during fall and winter, I wear a Filson wool or moleskin vest. During the summer, I had some vests made of ventile and lightweight canvas that are very light and comfy in hot weather, even more so than my nylon vests. This one is made out of ventile.

ventile_vest1b.jpg

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
While moving house recently I found an old green fly fishing waidtcoat that I never got on with for fy fishing. I am now beginin to wonder if I could use it for Bushcaft, as I like the idea of not carrying a pack while out for a few hours, which is what I do most of the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE