Pocket Tripod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tim Lloyd

May 6, 2014
Dorset
Made these up and introduced them at the Wilderness Gathering and they sold like hot cakes. So thought it was about time I got around to sticking them up here.

This is what I call a pocket tripod, consists of a ring attached to a length of 80cm chain attached to a hook. All you need to do is add three sticks to create your own tripod when out in the woods, or in the back garden for that matter. Can also be used on a hanging bar.

All three bits are attached so you cannot loose anything. Height of the cooking pot is easily adjusted by hooking the bottom hook onto any of the links in the chain. Weighs only 200g and comes with the green pouch. Can easily fit into your pocket or cooking pot for storage and travel.

CactusFlyer020_zps4ada5c21.jpg
CactusFlyer001_zpse27fa69f.jpg

Cost is a mere £12 + £2 P&P

Just send me a PM if you would like one and I can send relevant payment details.

All the best,
Tim

Last edited:
Ive never understood the obsession with big heavy Iron tripods when a wood one even if you bring it with you is lighter and perfectly good
I like it nice and high ie 5ft ith wide spread legs ;)
alwasy carry 2 bits of small chain in my Billy cook set to use as the hanger

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ohh! Just had a look at your website, shouldn't have done that with Christmas coming up. Some very nice things.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
The tripod ring arrived this morning Tim, great idea and nice small size in the wee bag, easy to carry anywhere, looks great :)

Cheers, Paul

Tim Lloyd

May 6, 2014
Dorset
Thanks Paul, enjoy and let me know how you get on! Works best using three sticks that only just fit through the ring to begin with or three larger sticks and whittle the ends down slightly. This will help prevent slipping and through playing you will soon find the method to get them all locked together!

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
He are a few pictures of the pocket tripod using three metal fencing post found on building sites

e8aza9az.jpg

ype2y4av.jpg

eduny8aq.jpg

Very pleased

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Payment and PM sent a couple of days ago. Did you receive it? (Just checking.)

All the best.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Arrived safely, thanks.

Very nice piece of work. Yet to try it, but looking for opportunities.

All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE