Please be alert, and be aware of scams.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
In view of the scamming attempts in sales this afternoon, please, please be alert and aware and be very careful about sending anyone money that you cannot reclaim.
Especially be careful, on the advice of someone who was actually in contact with the supposed seller, and do not agree to immediate bank transfer of funds.

Caveat emptor.

M

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
looks like they've been removed , but a very close call and calculated placing adds on a Sunday and bank transfer only. Good point about how you are sending money.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Thank you to Bluebs4, Toddy, Dave Budd and Tony for helping me reclaim my account, I really hope the scum who did this didn’t get anything.

• Sad
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Similar messages have appeared on both Blade Forums and BuchcraftUSA

Starting immediately we are recommending that all users regularly update their passwords to long strings with a minimum of 12 random characters including letters, numbers, and symbols. These should be changed frequently such as quarterly and should be unique to this forum alone. We also have an option for two-step verification that can be turned on by clicking on your profile, then clicking "password and security". There you will find an option to enable two-step verification. This is not required but it is strongly recommended to prevent unwanted access to your personal account. Thank you for doing your part to keep your account secure.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Timely reminder for a password change thanks, mine was woefully weak lol.
Were they brute-forcing or trying a dodgy password reset link type attack?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Not sure in this case, but checking if your password or email has been part of a data breach can be educational. Using same email and password on different sites is risky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE