Planting Wild Garlic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Hi,

A friend of mine owns a 26 acre woodland in Nottinghamshire that we visit maybe 1-3 times in a month. The woodland does produce some berries and has fungi growing but I was wondering what other 'wild foods' we could get growing if we planted it. I think wild garlic due would do well near a small pond in the woodland and was thinking are there any carbohydrates/root vegetables that would be able to grow with out much care in the woods?

Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Danny

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi,

A friend of mine owns a 26 acre woodland in Nottinghamshire that we visit maybe 1-3 times in a month. The woodland does produce some berries and has fungi growing but I was wondering what other 'wild foods' we could get growing if we planted it. I think wild garlic due would do well near a small pond in the woodland and was thinking are there any carbohydrates/root vegetables that would be able to grow with out much care in the woods?

Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Danny

Easy enough to grow wild onion, wild parsnip, wild carrot, wood sorrel, pignut, burdock, silverweed etc. Or are you talking forest garden cultivation of normally domestic crops?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE