Plant Courses.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Wayne said:
Hi all.

Having recently failed miserably to identify 10 plants when asked. i need a first class course or instructor to bash some knowledge into my rather thick skull. Any advice?

Well I'm about to mover to Exmouth. If your able to get down there, I would be happy to take you on a plant walk.

The way I got into plants is by spending the dark winter nights looking over field guids. Be warned, plant identification can get addictive. :shock:

Plants seem sometimes to be over whelming, there's so many :roll: take one at a time, ID the useful ones first or the ones closest to your house. It's funny over time how you absorb knowledge.

Best wishes,

James.

Oh, I've not read it but the book Botany In a Day is supposed to be great.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I can identify loads of plants... unfortunately, none of them useful in any way :cry:

I also could use some edification... unfortunately, all the courses I try to get onto are way in the future :?:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I can identify a load of plants. No great arsenal of knowledge, but enough to make a stew. :) That includes most of the ones in Essential Bushcraft and the great book of danish nature. :wink:

But I have never been on a plantcourse... Trips in the woods with grandparents etc. is usually enough to learn a fair bit! :wink: When I was younger, I always asked them what the name of this was and this, etc... Still learning....! :D :biggthump

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
TheViking said:
Trips in the woods with grandparents etc. is usually enough to learn a fair bit! :wink: When I was younger, I always asked them what the name of this was and this, etc... Still learning....! :D :biggthump

Man! I wish I had Grandparents like yours...thats all i wanted as a kid, some one to show me around the woods and fields.

James

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
James Watson said:
Man! I wish I had Grandparents like yours...thats all i wanted as a kid, some one to show me around the woods and fields.

James
:biggthump :biggthump :biggthump Well, it's not that much now, but earlier we did it a lot. :pack:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE