'Pirate' pouch for my nephew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
It's my nephews birthday coming up and he's mad on pirates (traditional ones, not the kind from Captain Roberts) so I made him a pouch for his pieces of eight;

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

I'm pleased with the diamond knot on the leather cord - it's thick and stiff (that's what she said!) and is difficult to work but it lends itself nicely to this;

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I'm glad my grandchildren are now past the Pirate phase or they'd be wanting one each too. However, its just occurred to me that I have a similar pouch for small odds and ends such as small change. Your nephew will still be using that beautiful pouch for years to come. I really love that knot. I usually use just a figure of eight stopper knot to do the job, I'll have to give that diamond knot a go.

PS I bet you'd get a good few takers if you advertised these for sale.

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
lovely. just made a similar thing myself yesterday. have yet to put the moose antler stopper on it and i think after seeing this i will try and learn myself that diamond knot, im sure it will look great using tarred hemp cord.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's a cracker mat! Good job, he'll love it! As others said its a handy sized pouch for all sorts :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE