Pipe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've done wooden pipes before, but always with power tools, so they don't qualify as hand carved. I've done one by hand from antler though. Smokes like a dream.

pipe1.jpg

Here's the pipe along with a wooden bowl and spoon I made and a leather baccy pouch. (A 50gr pouch of StBruno fits nicely inside).

Eric

Jun 9, 2012
Ireland
Hi, my glass pipe has recently been damaged and I figured out a way to fix it nicely with milliput epoxy but I am worried if the poxy will be able to take the heat and if it would be safe to use. if anyone has any knowledge on that please let me know. Thanks.

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
I made this pipe from (left to right) cherry, leather, oak, copper and holly!

IMG_3731.JPG

I used an electric drill for hole down the shaft, and a dremel style tool for the bowl. A lot of work, but very satisfying to make a composite item like this.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Great pipes guys, my past attempts have failed miserably but I'm thinking of trying again sometime. By the way Peat, as nice as your pipe is, Holly is actually poisonous so would go easy on that pipe. Great work though!
cheers

paddy

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Something I am tempted to have a go at using old bramble roots even though I don't smoke.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Would anyone be interested in goose egg sized burrs for making a pipe ?
Himself took a wander and brought me back some for carving, but they're a bit too small for kuksas, but I reckon they'd do a pipe bowl.

cheers,
Toddy

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye Mary, i'd take one if possible. I have some Briar Burl blocks for knife handles but they are a bit small for a pipe bowl. :)

What would you like for one? :)

Some nice pipes there guys. :)

Would anyone be interested in goose egg sized burrs for making a pipe ?
Himself took a wander and brought me back some for carving, but they're a bit too small for kuksas, but I reckon they'd do a pipe bowl.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's pouring here :rolleyes: but when it dries up a bit I'll nip out and bring them in from the shed and get a photo taken.
I started to take the bark off a couple and the 'grain' is absolutely wonderful looking :D I think there's nearly a dozen of them.
I know I won't use them though, so I'll divide them up and pass them along.

Mark, I think it's more I owe you, no worries :D

Sam, I still have a tent up my loft to come to you. Life just gets a touch fraught and hectic at times :eek: I've stuff to come down to Debs too, so I'll need to see who's travelling that direction.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think some of these are best thought of as Cadbury's mishapes :)
The writhing grain is beautiful though :cool:

7386652356_b926600dbb.jpg

and a close up of the grain

7386731138_c97fc1817a.jpg

cheers,
M

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi

Is burl from white heather?
When the grain is close it is called a birds eye grain.
use to smoke a pipe all the time then gave up tobacco, I still have all my old pipes.

Reg
Rum

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
Great pipes guys, my past attempts have failed miserably but I'm thinking of trying again sometime. By the way Peat, as nice as your pipe is, Holly is actually poisonous so would go easy on that pipe. Great work though!
cheers

paddy

made me smile. all the £millions the health advisory council and other gov. medical experts have spent tell us all of the dangers of smoking and the main concern is holly is not the sort of wood you should be putting in your mouth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE