Pimped My Bevel Filing Jig.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 23, 2019
Edinburgh
Cheers Darren, slowly gathering the parts. Hopefully will be a good job. And certainly a lot quieter than a 2x72. Just one other thing, would you be able to explain the blade clamping mechanism a little further? I see that there is a ? slide mechanism going on. And a wedge clamp that presses onto the blade. Im just not sure how the wedge clamp is attached to, and how this provides tension on the blade. Thanks again, Pete

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
There was a fitted clamping mechanism on an older version of the jig but i scrapped that idea. It just didn't have the power to grip effectively. I just use two G clamps now. The sliding mechanism is for symmetry when I flip the blade over. The two attached pins are the end of travel for the file so that I can't pass the plunge with the file and accidentally tear into the ricasso. If I have set the slide to say 30mm off centre to file one side of the blade then I slide across to 30mm on the other side for the reverse side of the blade when I flip it. I hope that makes sense? I can't post pics from my phone or I would to show what I mean.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE