Pimped My Bevel Filing Jig.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I decided to rebuild my filing jig in the hope of achieving better results and overcoming a few problems I was encountering. It was make-do or re-do time. I'm not going to try to explain anything for now. I'll let you work it out yourself for the time being.
1f62e.png
A little bit more tinkering to do but it is fully operational.

Thanks for looking. Comments, good or bad will be taken on board and possibly made to walk the plank!
263a.png

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Wow! Put some wheels on it and call it a classic! That is definitely a one off. An amazon drone couldn't lift that. It looks like you have used it. How much of an improvement have you had on your blade/s?

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Proper over-engineered work! (And I mean that as a compliment).
In many years, when civilisation as we know it no longer exists, your filing jig will still be standing, creating an archaeological puzzle for any future race.

Reactions: dazcon and Dogoak

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
'Pimped' seems a bit of a understatement to say the least! A superb work of art sir and very cool

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Thanks for the comments guys! The blade clamps on the flat slabs at the front. They slide in a channel. The two rulers are so that I can flip the blade and set the symmetry the same for both sides. This jig will be put to hard use but that doesn' mean it has to be ugly.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I decided to rebuild my filing jig in the hope of achieving better results and overcoming a few problems I was encountering. It was make-do or re-do time. I'm not going to try to explain anything for now. I'll let you work it out yourself for the time being.
1f62e.png
A little bit more tinkering to do but it is fully operational.nk!
263a.png

A truly magnificent piece of art, should be in an art gallery.......... however, ............I do think you need to get out more..........lol

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
lol. Thank you! I enjoyed every minute spent knocking this together. Maybe that's because i could have a few beers whilst doing it. :O_O: I'll do a little explanation about the jig when I get the chance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE