Pimped firesteel....410 gauge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Was given a couple of .410 guage shotgun shells yesterday so decided to have a play with a spare firesteel i had. I now have a neat keyring or necklace :D

knives013-copy.jpg

knives014-copy.jpg

Hope you like :)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I glued the firesteel in with epoxy and let it set. I then heated the plastic shot shell a tiny bit with a lighter then expanded it by pushing a pen inside it. While it was still warm and slightly soft i pushed the two together and they now fit extremely tightly :)

Cormac

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2006
S. Ireland
While i like it

it may be an idea to have the firesteal on the ring side
so if it does fall apart all you have lost is the cover

BUT VERY NICE

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Would probably have done that but did not for two reasons, firstly, it's easy to remove the firesteel while leaving the holder on keyring/round yer neck etc, and secondly, there was already a hole in the end i put the split ring through :eek:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now thats a great idea! I will have to steal it and play with different combinations and case sizes :)

I reckon a .357 mag case should be about right for a large one.... (its about pmm so a little tap might be required)

a .223 case could be "persuaded" to a 6mm steel

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE