phoenix II loves this wild camping stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2014
Colchester
Why on earth do I need 7 tents I keep asking myself (very nearly bought another one today) - I already have a 12x12 Coleman event shelter, it makes a perfect kitchen/dinner area with double ring gas cooker, chairs and folding tables, although its not at all waterproof, I also have a Rock 4 Tent that provides the main sleeping accommodation - just imagine the car load of kit I now have to load / unload, for sure its very comfortable (glamping) but the camp strike time is about half a day.
My second set up is a lightweight back-pack one man tent (I also have a slightly bigger and heavier 2 man tent) these allow me to get out and about alone, when the wife and daughters don't fancy a night out in the great outdoors.
I also have a toilet tent and chemical toilet unit - neither of which have ever been used, plus a 4x8 meter Marquee that I am now desperate to get rid off - its about 2 hour build time, so its just not for me - but its well made and strongly built, far more suited to a private weddings in a big back garden.

My current basic camping rig is an Australian lightweight tarp (expensive at around £80) and a hammock, the camp strike time is about 3 minutes !

Got some questions to ask later ref, med kits, survival equipment, water purification, knife legislation, lightweight equipment etc, but as this is my introduction they can all follow.

I spent 22 years in the infantry and was bought up camping every weekend with the Cubs and Scouts, so I like to think that I know what I am doing - but we never stop learning and I have never caught a fish in my life !

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Have a look at the Suffolk page on the website if you fancy meeting or seeing kit in use close to home .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE