Petzl Pixa 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
I picked up a Petzl Pixa 1 last week as a pre xmas present to myself.
http://www.petzl.com/en/pro/compact-headlamps/pixa-1

I've been looking for a new headtorch for a while now, I currently have a Tikka 2 and an energizer 3 led one.
Problem I've had is, I wanted a durable, water resistant, lockable switch and a fairly low light output, I'm not interested in lighting up the moon.
Whilst many headtorches have multiple power settings, there are very few that are water resistant (shower proof but not water resistant).
While I was browsing in the shop I was looking at the LED lensers and some of the higher end Petzls and chatting to the shop owner, who pointed out the Pixa hidden away on the bottom shelf.:rolleyes:
It has a very long battery duration 50+hours on 2 AA batteries (yet to be tested).
To lock the large rotating switch you tun the body of the lamp to face the mounting bracket, which also protects the lens while in storage.
Changing the batteries is very easy, even though the compartment has an environmental seal, much easier than the energizer torch, and the two parts are joined (less easy to drop half of it when changing batteries in the dark).
The only possible downside is its size and weight, the headband is much wider than a standard headtorch, which I always find too flimsy anyway.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, and the best bit was the price of £32 compared to the current crop of £50+ torches.

and if I'm ever in an explosive atmosphere I can still use it:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE