personal kit tin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

b1k3rwaif

Nov 1, 2005
HERTS
with so many peole with so much more experance why should i look at it in a negative way?

thanks for the advice. i have tallow candles and had not thought of cutting one down to fit in.
as a biker the tape can repair wiring etc,and the beta to see what i'm doing (most problems occur after dark , paracord and brass wire can (and have) hold parts together, and a bin liner lean-to while waiting for breakdown to turn up.wire saw to collect fire-wood..

i have gained a few insights reading the replys and see where i can make changes in my larger travel kits (car and bike)

thank you

b1k3rwaif

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
b1k3rwaif said:
with so many peole with so much more experance why should i look at it in a negative way?

thanks for the advice. i have tallow candles and had not thought of cutting one down to fit in.
as a biker the tape can repair wiring etc,and the beta to see what i'm doing (most problems occur after dark , paracord and brass wire can (and have) hold parts together, and a bin liner lean-to while waiting for breakdown to turn up.wire saw to collect fire-wood..

i have gained a few insights reading the replys and see where i can make changes in my larger travel kits (car and bike)

thank you

b1k3rwaif

You're more than welcome Mate (especially as a fellow biker! I ride a 98 fireblade and love it :D ).
Glad you didn't take it as negative but if you've been good enough to show your kit and then some stranger starts telling you he thinks you should change this and that then it might upset.....lesser people than yourself ;)

I obviously didn't know you were a biker and now that I do and know that you use the kit for that too then the beta light (or photon or similar as beta's really aren't bright enough to see by) and tape makes far more sence...I was thinking more of wilderness survival :) Maybe a leathermans or similar multi-tool would also be useful.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

(P.s...still ditch the wire saw, you don't need it and it doesn't work very well...just snap the sticks if they are thin enough and feed them on bit by bit if they are too large to snap ;) ).
(P.p.s... your Username makes so much more sence to me now too! :lmao: the penny has just dropped in Bam's little brain :lmao: ).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE