Permission denied...

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I was asked by a group of people to try and obtain permission for them to use some private woodland, I was quite happy to try but was told that I had to speak to the Woodland Protection Committee.

The Committee Chairman Mr Elf was very anti and got so upset the bell on his hat kept tinkling. He flatly refused permission and said he'd never heard anything so ridiculous in all his 397 years.
The lady member of the committee, an elderly spinster called Ms Owl asked just what was involved in the activity and when I explained it was a group of blokes who wanted to sleep together in the wood she stared at me and just kept saying..HOOoo WOOooo Hoo. So I took that as permission denied too.
The junior member, young Mr Badger, wanted to help but he was out voted by the senior members. All is not lost though as Mr Badger said he knew of a meadow nearby which was owned by a couple of Fairies and he thought that if a group of blokes wearing leather hats turned up and said they had all the equipment and were interested in camping, the owners of the meadow would almost certainly be delighted.

I have passed the news on to the group and advised them that if discussing equipment they should refrain from using the term danglers as Mr Badger said the older Fairy was of a nervous disposition and became easily excited.

The things I do to help Bushcrafters...
d_coffee.gif

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<shakes head sadly.>

Id like to suggest cold iron but we know all that stuff about it keeping away elves is a myth; they are keen blacksmiths and love the stuff...

Maybe the right cold iron...and a forge??

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was asked by a group of people to try and obtain permission for them to use some private woodland, I was quite happy to try but was told that I had to speak to the Woodland Protection Committee.

The Committee Chairman Mr Elf was very anti and got so upset the bell on his hat kept tinkling. He flatly refused permission and said he'd never heard anything so ridiculous in all his 397 years.
The lady member of the committee, an elderly spinster called Ms Owl asked just what was involved in the activity and when I explained it was a group of blokes who wanted to sleep together in the wood she stared at me and just kept saying..HOOoo WOOooo Hoo. So I took that as permission denied too.
The junior member, young Mr Badger, wanted to help but he was out voted by the senior members. All is not lost though as Mr Badger said he knew of a meadow nearby which was owned by a couple of Fairies and he thought that if a group of blokes wearing leather hats turned up and said they had all the equipment and were interested in camping, the owners of the meadow would almost certainly be delighted.

I have passed the news on to the group and advised them that if discussing equipment they should refrain from using the term danglers as Mr Badger said the older Fairy was of a nervous disposition and became easily excited.

The things I do to help Bushcrafters...
d_coffee.gif

:) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE