PERMANENT CAMP - SUGGESTIONS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2020
the world
Hi guys!!!

I decided to build a camp for myself and my dog,
I started by building a shelter with a raised bed, I used two large logs as a base, and then I built the bed on top. After I built a roof with wood and a waterproof tent.
what should I build next to make it a great camp?

here is the video of the building:

I can't wait for ur suggestion!!

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
In my opinion the best would be a stone circle for the fire with a tripod and a pot with a bail handle to hang it under the tripod over the fire.

In Europe we make such a fire circle one meter away from the sleeping place to heat it in cold conditions.
I don't know if that is necessary in your area.

We store the firewood next to our heads. So we can easily reach it during the night. If the firewood is protected against rain that's good of course.

If you don't have a pot with a bail handle you also can put three equally big stones in the stone circle and put the pot on there. Than you ignite the fire under the pot.

But don't do that if your forest is dry, because you can easily burn it down by accident. Perhaps not yours. But we have to pay attention here.

Sep 8, 2020
the world
In my opinion the best would be a stone circle for the fire with a tripod and a pot with a bail handle to hang it under the tripod over the fire.

In Europe we make such a fire circle one meter away from the sleeping place to heat it in cold conditions.
I don't know if that is necessary in your area.

We store the firewood next to our heads. So we can easily reach it during the night. If the firewood is protected against rain that's good of course.

If you don't have a pot with a bail handle you also can put three equally big stones in the stone circle and put the pot on there. Than you ignite the fire under the pot.

But don't do that if your forest is dry, because you can easily burn it down by accident. Perhaps not yours. But we have to pay attention here.
I actually live in Europe now =) that is a really good plan! i will try to make something similar! =)

Reactions: plastic-ninja
Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
One of the key things is to have permission. It would be a shame to put all that hard work into it and then the land owner coming and tearing it down. I manage a vast area of forestry and unfortunately not everyone is environmentally minded and make a lot of mess with illegal camps also they can cause a lot of tree damage by randomly attacking the trees with a hatchet. Unfortunately these people have ruined it for the majority.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE