u9a2a3ug.jpg
ubaqyveq.jpg

A good day
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Great pics, looks a tad chilly. I love the Brecons, we're off there for a weeks holiday later in the year :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one mate, when I open the bedroom curtains after the Teasmaid has made a brew I can see the Beacons :) I feel privileged to live here.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Does anyone know what time of year it is they take SAS applicants up there? Is there etiquette regarding giving them a wide berth etc. since they are running against the clock and hikers getting in their way presumably would not be welcome...

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Cheers guys it truly is a beautiful part of the world .y dog is gunner 18month old American bulldog and he was great today even on the two ridge saddles blowing around 70MPH I reckon got to say slid most of the way down and the woman in the tea van wasent impressed when I ordered a burger and my pockets were empty lost all my pennies Torvill and deaning it lol

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Some great shots there with plenty of snow.
Are they icycles in the first picture mate? i cant make it out:confused:

And yet another cool dog,he's great!!

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
The icicles where at the bottom but I ran straight past them lol , sorry pics are all over the place

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Does anyone know what time of year it is they take SAS applicants up there? Is there etiquette regarding giving them a wide berth etc. since they are running against the clock and hikers getting in their way presumably would not be welcome...

There were too many people standing around filming them, and the chaps at the trucks so the Fan Dance is no more - it's up in some remote area of Scotland now.

I grew up in Brecon, going back for a walk at the end of the week, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Smashing photos of a smashing mountain, used to go up and down it a lot some years ago. Looking forward to running my two boys round there when they are a little older :)

Thanks for sharing :)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Biased, but if it is up here then it's more realistic training, bigger mountains and harder conditions.

Bigger mountains yes, harder conditions probably....but remember, they aren't creating mountaineers....they are using mountains to test people......so.....more realistic, I think not lol :)

No offence intended ;) Two out of three ain't bad lol

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Bigger mountains yes, harder conditions probably....but remember, they aren't creating mountaineers....they are using mountains to test people......so.....more realistic, I think not lol :)

No offence intended ;) Two out of three ain't bad lol

It's a test so better to be tested in testing environments. :)

The Jungle training is apparently the hardest section of training. Testing environment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE