Pelican Case's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anyone use these cases?

Pell_1030___C_Cells.jpg

I always carry my digital camera usually in a sturdy plastic lunch box but it's not 100% waterproof or very strong.
I had to have a cracked LCD replaced on my Canon S50 and it was very expensive.
So i have been looking at the Pelican Micro Protector Case 1030.
Should hold camera ,spare battery and flash card.
Anyone use these or can suggest an alternative.
Cheers
RB

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Peli cases are excellent but they're very expensive (probably cuz they're the best available) I've seen them used as motorcycle panniers, on expedition overland and by divers. They're virtually bombproof and you'd never have to buy another.

Look here for further info

http://www.pelicases.co.uk/

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thanks guy's
The Otter sizes don't fit my camera as well as the Pelican and of evilbay they are about half price (what Tiso's are selling them at anyway).
The new LCD cost me £160 from canon :yikes: so a tenner for a case is pretty good value.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just an update on the Pelican case.
401_0197_1.jpg

Room for camera ,spare batteries and CF cards.
I have used it twice in an open boat and both times it got a good soaking.
Contents where completely dry and unharmed.
Good mechanical protection so you can just chuck it in your pack without worrying about it getting crushed.
Good kit and highly recommended.

RB

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
I got a Sigg lunchbox free with my Trail magazine subscription. This is apparently waterproof and looks pretty sturdy, as well as being bigger than expected.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Hi, I use a Peli microcase for our digital ixus. Same logic as yourself, I want to take pics when I'm out and about and don't want the camera crushed or soaked in between.
The microcase I picked up is shorter than the one you pictured and has a clear lid. I cut a piece of closed cell foam mat down to pad out the lid and stop the camera rattling. It's nearly a perfect fit but no room to spare.
I first bought the case as a "proper" box for a tobacco tin emergency kit, but gave up on the idea because of it's weight and 'cos I was just doubling up with stuff I'd carry anyway ! It's far more use looking after the camera. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE