Peggy Bag

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi all.

Just finished a little peggy bag, 20cm across for my daughter. She is a very pleased little princess and wants a bigger bag now :D

Made with in a wet formed 3-piece mould from 3mm natural veg-tan leather dyed dk brown, saddle stitching, all edges were burnished and Edge Koted. Then finally finished with a caranuba wax then RM Williams Natural Saddle Dressing on the top.
The metalware is solid brass; a Sam Browne stud closure and press-stud to join the strap. It was stamped with my makes mark to finish.

Anyways, any feedback and comments welcome :)

Cheers
Craeg

cko9-oqyDpccQKzRzXQhBPFrUaXmPcImwvwr9VSeF80
PICT0733-1.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I don't know TBH, my daughter drew it for me to make and said it was called a 'peggy bag'. SWMBO said the same thing :dunno:

Thanks for the comments

Craeg

excellent! - from now on I'll call them peggy bags too :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
The common bag known as a "Peggy Bag" is shaped differently. A bit like this Gucci one -

gucci%20Peggy%20Bag%20black%20leather%20169976-A.jpg

The name comes from bags of a similar shape that were used to hold clothes pegs.

Eric

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Thanks Southey. The strap is like that so when it is on her shoulder, the strap is flesh, rough side down and nice side out :)

Aye Eric, my mam told me about the clothes pegs link to these bags. Apparently trendy in the late 60's and early 70's with girls. I love her design anyways :D

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I do remember now that back in junior school in the late 1960s, small shoulder bags were called peggy bags. Funny how these things are still stuck there from all those years ago. Though at the time, I'd thought it was based on the name of some girl character, Peggy, rather than on clothes pegs (a bit like Alice bands).

A nice bit of work, BTW.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE