YesTheViking said:Look nice, but isn't the handle a tad too small compared to the blade? :?:
But the tang was pretty short and thats the longest I could make the handle and still rivet the tang. I don't have huge hands so it fits OK but another cm would have been nice.Thank you very much! :biggthumpAdi007 said:Fantastic looking bit of kit that! Excellent!
Thanks for posting photos!
Snufkin said:YesBut the tang was pretty short and thats the longest I could make the handle and still rivet the tang. I don't have huge hands so it fits OK but another cm would have been nice.
faca said:Hi it works ok but I worry about edge durability, it seems to cute for strong work as batoming, even it has got some nicks with only ligth chores, perhaps some steel touches on should help.
Enjoy
Nice tutorial, I'll have to try that method :biggthumpdtalbot said:Take a look at:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5634&highlight=hidden+tang+tutorial
for a tutorial on making a hidden tang scandi (which is now one of my wife's prize possessions) from a very similar trond blade. Loads of scandis are hidden tang so no prob with the construction method.
Cheers
David