Peak District - March & June trip planning and advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Have a great time Jordan mate!!!

I would love to have tagged along up there!! It will be epic!!

Cheers mate,

Shame it was so close to your estonia trip otherwise you couldve come along. We will be doing another onein June a longer hike...youll have to come along to that one ;)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Cheers mate,

Shame it was so close to your estonia trip otherwise you couldve come along. We will be doing another onein June a longer hike...youll have to come along to that one ;)

What and have you young lins put me to shame just like you did at northwood? l think not!! lol

Yeah mate I will keep an eye out and if I can I make it and tag along I will have a chat with yous boys closer to the time!!

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
What and have you young lins put me to just like you did at northwood? l think not!! lol

Yeah mate I will keep an eye out and if I can I make it and tag along I will have a chat with yous boys closer to the time!!

Nnaahhh we didnt show anyone up! ;) just glad people didnt dismiss us immediately or think badly of us just cuz of our age..."youth of today" and all that jazz!

Yeah man definitely just give us a shout closer to the time... im looking forward to hearing allabout the estonia trip at the next northwood meet in april ;)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
It's a boulder at Stanage Plantation just below the main face. Got its name because it's a great place to spend the night before a big climb the next morning.

There are a few problems on the boulder itself, one amazingly hard one and one that's lots of fun....

Thanks for that, that makes much more sense. I know the boulder you're talking about, just never knew it was called "the grand hotel", good name for it though.

I wasn't actually referring to stanage plantation though, just a random patch of plantation near to me, Teepee knows what I'm talking about :)

All the best with your Peak District trip chaps, sorry I won't be able to join you for this one, maybe next time

Cheers,

Stuart.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Kinder scout and downfall are a must! Plenty of crashes along the ridge there too and not too far from Edale with the ramblers inn. Great place to get warm, dry and have a bite to eat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE