PCP rifles. I have a question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Who here knows a fair bit about PCP rifles ? I have a question relating to the bottles and charging them. Thanks.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I used to get my scuba tank filled for ~£3 then that place shut and my nearest diving shop charged me £15 for a refill. I'm considering ditching the PCP but know I'll probably regret it.

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I used to get my scuba tank filled for ~£3 then that place shut and my nearest diving shop charged me £15 for a refill. I'm considering ditching the PCP but know I'll probably regret it.

I don't think that's too bad if it's for an empty tank - I seem to remember, at our local shop, they wanted to charge £20 for a 12L cylinder if it was empty.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Interestingly (well to me anyway), over the last two days I have shot 11squirrel, and I used a springer.
Self contained, no hassles, just as accurate, if you can shoot.
Over the targets much more fun too.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
@johnbaz knows everything about airguns, but he’s not been about for a bit.

Anyway, what’s the question and PM secrecy bit? Are you being a naughty lad? ;)

Had a couple of PCPs, the tidiest being a BSA Ultra SE. Sold them both for getting fed up with pellet on pellet accuracy (plinking, not hunting) with zero feedback or fun.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sorry, it's the one on the gun that came with the gun not a diving cylinder or anything. Cost of filling the 'buddy bottle' was £2.50 last time I went.

I'm kinda surprised. I would have thought you were the type that would have cantankered a DIY/Self-reliant way to get the job-jobbed.

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I have 40 plus rifles and some pistols, I also used to shoot UKHFT comps for a good few years matey. I have qualifications from the NSRA and the BFTA. Ask away.
Si

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Had a couple of PCPs, the tidiest being a BSA Ultra SE. Sold them both for getting fed up with pellet on pellet accuracy (plinking, not hunting) with zero feedback or fun.
That's my reasoning too. I have some very nice springers which I prefer over the PCP for most of my use.

Reactions: dwardo and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE