Paypal address forwarding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have seen a number of posts indicating that people using Paypal have not included their address when paying for items. Is it not still the case that Paypal automatically provides this information when a payment is made :confused: . I have been asked a couple of times here for my address in addition to having made Paypal payments but have never needed to do this anywhere else (eBay)

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
I'm as puzzled by that as you... Given that it's paypal that is doing the transaction directly to the individuals email account, I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't appear to be forwarded when clearly it's an essential part of the transaction.

Silverback said:
I have seen a number of posts indicating that people using Paypal have not included their address when paying for items. Is it not still the case that Paypal automatically provides this information when a payment is made :confused: . I have been asked a couple of times here for my address in addition to having made Paypal payments but have never needed to do this anywhere else (eBay)

Hi Silverback,

Having run a group buy where pay pal as the main form payment I had a problem where members paid but did not include their BCUK username - caused quite a bit of confusion :(

Perhaps having a members postal address PM'd helps to avoid this ;)

Phil.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
When making a payment you have to select whether what you're paying for is "Service/other" "Goods" or "eBay Items". If you select "Service/other" it doesn't send your postal address so I wonder whether that's what has happened.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Justin Time said:
When making a payment you have to select whether what you're paying for is "Service/other" "Goods" or "eBay Items". If you select "Service/other" it doesn't send your postal address so I wonder whether that's what has happened.
Aha well done that man - I suspect you could be right. Might be worth a sticky if this can definitely be confirmed, as this would assist both the buyers and sellers on this site greatly I should imagine :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't think that paypal auto fills the addresses on the subscriptions from the site, this probably won't be an issue with the new revamped site that's going up but it has been traditionally. If there's any other time that it doesn't it's nothing to do with the site as all paypal payments (except for the subscriptions) are independent.

I've had a couple of instances in the past where paypal hasn't included my address info, there again I think they often get things a bit wrong. I doubt there would ever be a problem between ebay and paypal Silverback, they're near enough the same company :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE