PAYG mobile phones DONE Thanks.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Here's where I would like the help of the UK members on Pay-As-You-Go mobiles phones. Sometime in the next six months we're planning a trip back to the UK as my wife will have six months on her visitor visa so we'll be there for a while. Our cellphone won't work over there so we're in the market for a non contract basic just make phone calls mobile. Preferably something I can order from Amazon UK and have it ready to go when we land.

Any and all help would be most appreciated as the mobile market has exploded since I left and have no idea who/what's good or bad.

Thanks,
Malc.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
You would be best just walking into the first phone shop you see and buying a basic model with a sim card. Will be activated and ready to go in a couple of hours.
That or bring an unlocked phone with your and just buy another sim when here. You can buy sim cards in most local shops, super markets, petrol stations etc etc.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
You would be best just walking into the first phone shop you see and buying a basic model with a sim card. Will be activated and ready to go in a couple of hours.
That or bring an unlocked phone with your and just buy another sim when here. You can buy sim cards in most local shops, super markets, petrol stations etc etc.

Hmm buy a sim card. Thanks for that I hadn't thought of that....cheers mate.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
THB,

A cheap PAYG phone with some credit and a working SIM should be about £20. I'm sure someone here can get one going for you if you want it available when you land. As others have said though, you walk into any shopping street and walk out with a working phone in an hour or less.

PM me if you need help

Red

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
THB,

A cheap PAYG phone with some credit and a working SIM should be about £20. I'm sure someone here can get one going for you if you want it available when you land. As others have said though, you walk into any shopping street and walk out with a working phone in an hour or less.

PM me if you need help

Red

Thanks mate, I think you and others are right I'll just pop into a shop and buy one. I'm sure Heathrow has a few shops there.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Vodafone, SIM Local & Dixons all have shops in Heathrow I believe.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
If you can get to one, tesco's do good deals on payg. You put £10 credit on there and they give you £20 free. I do it for my daughter and think it's a great deal. SIM cards are free also. What you could do is get someone to get a Tesco SIM card in advance and send it over to you. That way it just needs topping up when you get here which can be done anywhere.
Hope this helps

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE