Pay it forward....

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Recently I was after a bit of kit, and the item came my way completely free of charge "Cheers Dougster".... So I got to thinking, one good deed deserves another, so here's the deal. I have a brand new Russian Snow Smock in white cotton size XL It's the jacket type with hood rather than the headover type and fastens with ties at the front. It will be a great project for modding, so the first person to reply to this thread with "ME PLEASE" will get it... Free , gratis and I'll even pay postage for you. I'll PM you for your address when you reply.

Simples:)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Great idea and so I'd like to carry it on . Again I'll cover the postage to the first response of me please and offer up this book by chris lubkemann . Whittling twigs and branches
ga2ezare.jpg

Paddytray .;

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Thanks Dave
I have in return a 15cm 6" diameter Zebra billy with insert and homemade bail and authentic soot. Used but not abused. Free postage to mainland UK addresses.
First person to reply with "ME PLEASE" gets it.
Alan

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Thank you very much Paddytray!
This sounds like a good thread, just like "Gift it on" but legally different of course!
Although i am not obliged to put up anything, i would like to pass on some random kindness, in the shape of a brand new shiny Ikea Drainer. so all you have to do is post "Me please" and it will wing its way to you!

GO7G6Oq.jpg
[/IMG]

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Ok.Ok i see no one likes my shiny Ikea drainer, huh you can't even give em away!!

What about this great read i've just finished

jKGDEC7.jpg

Really interesting expedition from Alaska to the tip of South Americas Climbing some pretty big mountains too!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There is no oligation to send an item in return, or to post an offer once you take an item, whereas there is with the GIO thread.

Useful thread for getting rid of odd nik-naks

Ok, so there can be multiple offers on at once? Or only one? Not wanting to pee in anyone's coffee but if you just want to give something away then a FREE listing in classifieds may be more efficient? As - if multiple people use this thread as a freecycle equivalent it will get a touch confusing. That is unless only one offer is up at any one time?

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Ok, so there can be multiple offers on at once? Or only one? Not wanting to pee in anyone's coffee but if you just want to give something away then a FREE listing in classifieds may be more efficient? As - if multiple people use this thread as a freecycle equivalent it will get a touch confusing. That is unless only one offer is up at any one time?

Depends how maddave envisioned it to work :lmao: Ask him :p

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
why not we can all help to put things into one post just reply with last offer before offering another but I'm not incharge just a thought

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
why not we can all help to put things into one post just reply with last offer before offering another but I'm not incharge just a thought

Could work, collated all into 1 post with a numbered list

# Item (Offered By: #)
# Item (Offered By: #) - Post 1
# Item (Offered By: #)

"I would like item #" - Post 2

Item # owner's reply - Post 3

New Items - Post 4

So at any 1 time the thread should have 2 to 4 posts BUT would require lots of mod work to prune.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
think us guys/girls can help out with that easy enough as we go like the gift it on your soon have vultures lurking saying what pickings there are

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE