Paul hardwick large bushcrafter in 4mm O1 steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
I have been looking for a bushcraft knife that would be able to withstand some serious 'outdoor abuse' making fires, shelters, traps and many other things beside.

I have purchased a few, some were good, some were beautiful but unsuited and one was so good at fish and game preparing I needed another to take its 'bushcrafting' place and let it remain a camp knife.

I found a British Blades and BushcraftUK member, Paul Hardwick, who was selling a 4mm O1 steel / walnut handled bushcraft knife he had made, and it just lept out at me. I contacted him and asked for one of his knives and luck would have it he had one just finished - result!.

The one thing above all else I liked was the fact it was just shy of a five inch blade - Thats ideal for me so i jumped in and purchased one.

Added in was a Kydex sheath and fire steel that just completes the whole package - Here is a pic of the beauty.

knifer1.png

Notice the beautiful grind, a scandi zero and it is razor sharp - shave easily. Please note the turned walnut handle on the fire steel too!

Here she is sat in her sheath.

knifer2.png

Nice secure but high riding carriage - again, its how I like it so was mega chuffed.

Then it needs to sit well in the hand doesn't it? and I agree that even if a knife is a stunner, it cannot be utilised to its full if it makes the hand and arm tired after a few cuts let alone a week ends abuse.

Fits like a glove - the handle is just a bit longer than my palm is wide, and has a beautiful full curving body that really allows me to choke it up for heavier useage.

knifer3.png

Now, as its not a weekend and I am not tramping through the woods, I don't have any action shots - but here is a feather stick i made from a wooden spoon - oh and yes I did buy another for the kitchen first!

knifer4.png

All in all, I recommend that if you can get hold of one, for the money and for a main user it is ideal.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Paul makes some good stuff, I had a couple of blades off him a few months ago one excactly like this but 3mm which I handled in yew and a second again 3mm small bushie for my son handled in oak

Both turned out well

F

ferreter

me to ive one of pauls knifes its a 4mm bushie clone handled in wenge ,cracking knife for the money,since ive got it ive gave away 2 other knifes that i just dont use any more ,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE