Pattern for sewing a sleeping pad cover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
U

Urwaljaeger

Hi Bushcraft UK :)
I own a Thermarest Trail Pro Large sleeping pad and I need to sew a waterproof cover for it.
Thermarest earlier sold a cover for those pads but these seem to be outsold everywhere.
The dimensions of this cover was about 19 x 72 cm (7,4 x 28,3).
Is there anyone here who has a pattern that would fit for this purpose?

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Looking at photos of the Trail Pro it does seem to have a slight taper. Still, it should be really easy to produce a pattern. Since you have the sleeping pad I would suggest just drawing round it in chalk - add a bit for the thickness of the mat and another 10mm or so for the seam.

You have a couple of options for the opening you insert the pad through, maybe an extra 25mm on the bottom edge for velcro or a pocket similar to those found on pillow cases.

Either way, 10 minutes and a couple of sketches should be all that's needed to work it out.

Good luck

U

Urwaljaeger

Thank´s Dangerous Dan :)
Hi Exploriment: When you roll your sleeping pad, will it then be rectangular ?? :bluThinki

What you’re asking for is a stuff sack. A cover denotes something that covers the entire mattress when laid out. Like so. Figuring out a pattern for a rolled up ThermaRest is a pretty straight forward affair. And there are lots of directions fro stuff sacks on the internet, just adapt it to suit the required measurements.

Last edited:
U

Urwaljaeger

Yes thank you, it´s not a cover I´m asking for as I want to stuff the rolled pad :) I tried the dry sack but I want a tight fit for packing
the Thermarest underneath the bergen lid. Guess a pattern for a regular stuff sack will do it. Just wondered if some one had made it
specially for the Thermarest Trail Pro.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE