parafinn/kerosene stoves. still used?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Well upto now, it looks like "NO!" ...

Actually I am very interested in getting a paraffin stove as it should be cheaper to run than Coleman Fuel and suposedly burns hotter too. No the downside I don't it burns as clean, but i might be wrong on that account...

Regards,

Pete

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
If I'm not cooking over an open fire which I prefer then I tend to use either a hexiburner or sometimes my Coleman duel fuel stove.....but I never use the expensive coleman fuel....I just stick in a few ml of plain old unleaded that I keep for my chainsaw/lawnmower/strimer etc and that does me for ages!

I've got a parafin Tilly lamp but I can't seem to get it to work properly!

jakunen

Native
I used to use a parrafin stove until I had a weld get damaged and it started leaking. Whilst parrafin does burn hot, my hand was quite cool surrounded by pretty blus flames, until I suddenly realised what had happened and calmly wrapped my hand in my jacket to smother the flames. Then spent a few minutes stamping out the fire that had sprung up around my boots.

If you keep them in good condition though, they are great stoves and not really all that smutty flamed.

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
www.spiritburner.com

for stove users (new and old stoves), its got a great forum and the people there are very helpful (its free). I still use all types of parafinn/kero stoves, one was made in 1912 and is still going strong.

Re: Tilley lamp not working well, try the guys at www.base-camp.co.uk where you can buy service packs for just about any stove or lamp you can think of.

Happy Christmas to you all and have a great 2005

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
1933 Primus model 221, still works perfect

1933PRIMUS221.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE