Paracute lean to shelter

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Early last year I brought a paracute with the idea of making some windproof shirts ( zoot suits ) but when it arrived it turned out to be a heavy drop paracute thats made of a heavier fabric so it got put away ..
MartinK9 uses a large tarp and Army camping cot with a fire pit for most of the milder parts of the year and it seems a fine way to camp :camping:.

Looking at this chute it seems ideal , I know parachutes arnt totaly water proof but a fire under it will sort that out :cool:

So lay it out and start cutting ,
Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

I used some of the webbing tape from the off cuts for the tie down points
Picture032.jpg

tommorows job is get the white cotton out and tack the first set of tie downs in place :)

At present its six metre square but i might reduce that to five?? Hmmmm

A old climbing rope will be the ridge line and i will get to use up some of the cordage most a lot of use got with the last Endys group buy ;)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
After a bit of chat with one of my mates with an eye for these things im going to drop the size to five metres it also then puts a webbing tape across the ridge line .
Twodogs

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looking good, can't wait to see it in action. It is a nice clean set up when Martin does his, good idea for the material.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE