Paracord inner for stitching leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atarian

May 31, 2014
Coventry
Hi all,

I've just dug out a half-hide of leather I've had for years, and fancied making myself a catapult belt pouch.

The thing is, I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, so i was thinking of using paracord inner for the stitching. Will that be OK or will it be too stretchy? Should I cough up for the proper waxed thread?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It'll work just fine; I've not done it but two people I know have stitched garment leather with it and had good and durable results.

Atarian

May 31, 2014
Coventry
It'll work just fine; I've not done it but two people I know have stitched garment leather with it and had good and durable results.

Cracking, thanks! I'll post photos so everyone can have a giggle

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I've got a couple of sheaths to make. I plan on using Spiderline fishing braid for the stitching. I'll seal the stitching with pine pitch glue. I dare say you could get away with using paracord inner but you'll need to treat it with something..ie, Wax or dubbing etc.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Never tried using paracord inner but all sorts of strong stuff will do; button thread, carpet thread and the like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE