Paracord Gun sling (no swivels)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have been thinking about getting a sling for my HW77 but I didn't really want to drill the stock to fix any swivels in to it. I had a load of paracord lying around so I thought I could try and make a sling using the knots I have learned from my bushcraft skills.

The knot on the under lever is actually a not a knot its a Prusik Hitch, it uses friction so it does not slide on the metal. This then has a paracord bracelet clip on it.

I have used 2 Adjustable Loops on the stock, again with another bracelet clip on it.

Then made basically a very large paracord bracelet which clips in to the 2 mounts on the gun.

Nothing new here but I'm quite happy with it.
sling.jpgTop.jpgbottom.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great idea! Loathed to drill out my HW for a strap so this is perfect. Not that i have ever made a para-cord anything but will try.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Looks good, like the quick release buckle, very practicle.

that's the dog's resnikov mate :You_Rock_

Cheers Chaps

Great idea! Loathed to drill out my HW for a strap so this is perfect. Not that i have ever made a para-cord anything but will try.

Its not hard to do at all. Just make sure you measure up the paracord before you start as its a PITA when you find out your paracord is to short. About 1ft of paracord for 1 inch of woven paracord is a good rule of thumb. The sling has about 26ft of paracord in it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE