Paracord Bracelet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

misant

Stew said:
This isn't by me but you may find it useful.

I could tell you what braid it is but I think with the links above, you should be able to work out what it is.

1126765338-CIMG0025.jpg

1126765365-CIMG0026.jpg

I have used this exact same braid to make a hatband out of that green paracord.

It is totally innocuous looking (and fairly attractive too I think) and I think I must have close to 10 m of cord stored on my head. I have taken it on planes and into all sorts of places one might be nervous with a big coil of paracord, and nobody has ever thought twice about it.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Got to have a go at this,

Also got to ask the question, where can I get the parra cord from?

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Pignut said:
Got to have a go at this,

Also got to ask the question, where can I get the parra cord from?

There are a few good suppliers on ebay and andrew at outdoorcode often has some. There is a guy on ebay that ships from the US and does a huge range of colours - very good to deal with too.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZemmado22QQhtZ-1 Seems to also do the side clips in matching colours rather than just standard black!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I liked the idea of the quick release bracelet but don't like wearing one, so instead I made a quick chain sennet of paracord (think that's what it's called - it's looped through itself like sausage links) and have it as a hat band. There must be a good 8 to 10 feet of cord up there (but no, my head's not that big around! :rolleyes: ). It's light, sits out the way, quick release and is always to hand.

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
I made several bracelets now...I have found it takes a good 6 feet of cord to make an 8 inch bracelet.
I like the idea of having a little extra cordage handy .
Thanks for the links and the help yall.
Hawk

M

misant

Here is my hat, complete with hatband:

1. On my hand, this morning:

2. In action, sheltering my delicate head in the Capilano Gorge:

3. Featured here, along with a set of toes I chopped off (watch the small axes, folks) as part of the Imperial War Flag of the Misant Clan:

M

misant

Thank you!

Incidentally the background is a blanket my mother knitted for me years and years ago, when I was just a little kid. (just in case anyone wondered.)

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I've been wearing bracelets made of 2mm cord doubled and tied in a chain knot. Over five or six years I've been through two and used and recoverd the current one a couple of times. Gives me about 2 metres of cord.

Might have to try the belt/watch strap one next.

RGRBOX

Forager
I just finished one tonight, I thru together in about 10 minutes. It's in Folage Grenn para cord with Folage Green fastex.. looks great, and I figured out how to do the Kobra knot... my next project. I also have soem HV Orange para cord, I want to use.. and some ACU. I'm waiting for some CT so I can make one in both CT & FG...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE