Paracord Bracelet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
I recently bought some 550 paracord... I have seen guys wearing bracelets made out of them. Some people call them Survival bracelets.
Does anybody know how to make these ? Or does anybody have a link that shows how to make these?
Hawk

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
hawk, do a search on equiped.com, there used to be a link to how to make them on there, it might not be so easy to find as it was on there a couple of years ago at least.
i can still remember how to make them but its not easy to explain!! saying that i'll have a go.

take a rod, tie off the free end. make a series of loops round the rod(as many as you like). with the rod away from you having the free part towards you pass a bight through the loops. now pull new loops out of the bight through the original loops, and pass a bight through those, and so on till you've finished.

i'll email you a drawing if possible
sc

hawk, just uploaded a crude drawing of how to make it into the diy gallery. hope that helps
sc

harlequin

Aug 8, 2004
UK
I've once seen a link (somewhere, I know not where!!!) that let's you make a belt from paracord. The link also told you how the author had once seen someone drown and if anyone had had a line the person would have been saved. His mission was then to make sure he always had a line on him at all times. You can pull the pin out of the buckle and it is still in one length, easily deploed. It would be a cool (?) thing to have on you at all times. Hope someone here posts the link 'cos I was convinced I'd saved it to my computer. Any help, anyone?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I started making one of theose belts and gave up in the end. Distracting kids and the fact that it seemed to be taking forever, I lost patience and binned the whole idea!! Good idea, but just too much work for me I'm afraid!!

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
there are a few fairly quick and easy ones you can do.
here is a link to a u.s. supplier of the kind of thing i think you're after..
http://unionsquaretrading.com/Paracord.htm
and here's a couple of links on how to do it yourself.
look under "beginners", 'scoubidou" and "knots used" here, (the square knot is good and you can easily make it flat or in a spiral)...
http://home.versatel.nl/willeke_igkt/frames/homepage_frame_eng.html
and there's quite a few variations here..
http://home.versatel.nl/willeke_igkt/frames/homepage_frame_eng.html
hope that helps :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
This isn't by me but you may find it useful.

I could tell you what braid it is but I think with the links above, you should be able to work out what it is.

1126765338-CIMG0025.jpg

1126765365-CIMG0026.jpg

Hawk Hawkins

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Tennessee, US
Thanks
I found the link for the name of the braid...its called the Cobra braid.
It takes a little while to learn but once mastered things go quite smoothly.
Hawk

RGRBOX

Forager
If I could just say, thanks to everyone who posted links with pics... I used to make these braclettes and key holders back when I was a Paratrooper.. with time I'd forgotten, and have been looking for this info for some time now..

Thanks again,

Mike B.

:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE