Para Cord Wrist Band

I had a go at one of these today using the Cobra weave and was quite pleased as to how it came out.
Need to get some other colour as this is high vis with a flourescent thread running through it, which is great if one is walking in low light, will make my Daughter one as she is doing her D of E Silver.
cord.jpg

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Nice work, a good start. How did you finish the ends?

Most people burn/melt the ends onto the edges of the weave.

Another way is to take the two ends back through the buckle and then tuck them an inch or two under the weave. Takes a bit of effort, but it means that the user can pull the ends out and undo the cord to use without having to cut the bracelet up.

Hope that makes sense?

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
I finish ends with a quick release clip. Molding the ends could be quite hazardous. In one attempting of molding, the end was still extremely hot and burnt my middle finger. It happened about 8 months ago and it's still visible

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I use a set of haemostats (similar to the ones in the pic below) to pull the loose ends back through the weave. You can get them online or also in most fishing shops for between £2-£5 or so. The straight ones are easier to use than the curved variety.

hemostat.jpg

As you're about to finish the bracelet, leave an inch or so of excess cord. Loosen the last 3 or 4 knots just enough to let you slip the haemostats through, grab the excess and pull it through. Once both ends are buried, use the haemostats to gradually tighten up the knots.

Once the cord is buried and the last few knots tightened, cut/melt the cord (I use a soldering iron as I find it more accurate and less messy than a lighter). I've found this method makes the bracelet solid, doesn't un-weave unless you want it to and removes the danger of accidentally melting the QR clips (as I used to do quite regularly).

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Earlier this year I bought a pack of 50 from a seller from China on ebay. I was a bit skeptical but though it was worth a punt. They took a couple of weeks to arrive but they were solid and ideal for what I was looking for. I've got one on the bracelet I wear everyday and my kids have a few each, so far they're all intact despite some seriously testing treatment.

3/4" Emergency Side Release Whistle Buckles For Paracord Bracelet Black #A

It works out at roughly £11.15 for 50 although you can buy them in smaller or larger quantities. They're available in a range of colours including the black/orange combo.

No connection, happy customer, etc, etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE