Para cord vs lawn mower starter cord, Bow Drill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Paracord is overrated and overpriced lawnmower starter cord is cheaper and indestructible when learning bowdrill I could practise for days hour's on end without it breaking

Reactions: Erbswurst

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Paracord is overrated and overpriced lawnmower starter cord is cheaper and indestructible when learning bowdrill I could practise for days hour's on end without it breaking

Lawnmower starter cord doesn't sound very primitive.

:)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

Starter cord is the recommended material for learning bow drill because it doesn't stretch as it warms up and you can get it for about 20p/m - the only problem is it comes in white or white with stripes :)

• Love
Reactions: Spirit fish

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think I would use parachute cords in a survival situation if I came down with a parachute and have no other cord.

For hiking and camping I use Edelrid Multicord SP 2,5 mm, orange.

Made in Germany for exactly that purpose.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Starter cord is the recommended material for learning bow drill because it doesn't stretch as it warms up and you can get it for about 20p/m - the only problem is it comes in white or white with stripes :)
It works better than paracord for me k like the fact it doesn't stretch it keeps very tight ,there's a lot of friction fire legends who prefer it over paracord the first one that springs to mind is "Leigh Robinson" author of "the bowdrill bible"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE