Para-Claw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As a way to carry a little blade ( which tends to be more than what I need for most situations ) I thought this idea was quite good if maybe a little cheesy in some ways , but I guess its a question of " If it looks stupid but works its not stupid " I tend to use a little blade at work , whilst out working etc etc

So cheesy tat or can someone here ( maker ) make a better product?

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/02/13/new-para-claw-offers-edge-survival-paracord-bracelets/

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I don't know for sure, but I think this would drop into the same category as a sword cane, i.e., a weapon disguised as something else, and would therefore be prohibited. As I said, I'm not absolutely sure, I'm sure someone on here will know with more certainty though.

Dave

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
disguised blade, fixed blade... could get you in serious trouble. a shame as looks sort of handy. wouldnt want it to come out the sheath under a sleeve on accident though! say you fell off a bike or something?

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Would a small quality folder not be more useful?

The only advantage I see with this is it's easier to carry if you make a habit of wandering about naked. Bit harder to carry the first aid kit I'd need for the regular occasions when I'd slice my wrist open with it though.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The only advantage I see with this is it's easier to carry if you make a habit of wandering about naked. Bit harder to carry the first aid kit I'd need for the regular occasions when I'd slice my wrist open with it though.

Well, you have the Paracord, would make several tourniquets in case you cut yourself repeatedly!

:)

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
You would need a good reason to have it in a public place because it is a fixed blade. Being concealed probably a very good reason.
I know Paracord bracelets are all the rage but really what is the use of them? They get wet and soggy and hold dirt and all kinds of yuck. Worse than a watch strap.
Whats wrong with a penknife?
To me its another gismo to take more money off you.

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cool bit of gimmicky fun but deffiantely a disguised weapon type deal. Thus prohibited, just like a knife buckle for a belt. (which oddly enoung the first time I was frisked by the police was something they checked for?! I didn't even know belt buckle knvies existed when I was that age lol)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ref carrying a knife - I must admit I don't always carry a knife as a separate pocket item - I find my pockets are already full of all the other detrius of modern life. I did wear a small neck knife for a time and it was useful but even that annoyed me hanging around my neck like a 70's medallion.

Legality aside - I thought this was quite a nice way to carry something and forget about it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE