Pancake Sheath for my 'Nessie'...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
I wasn't overly happy with the last sheath I made, so, when I managed to scrounge up some scrap leather I set to work!

Here's the results :) (with added dog).
21dq645.jpg

knife in Sheath.
2nivdyo.jpg

Sheath on my belt.
ilya7s.jpg

The leather is a bit thin (2mm, but beggars can't be choosers!) and a couple of the stitches are 'off', but I'm quite chuffed with the results :)

Thanks for looking.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I really like that design!

Do wonder if it a good sheath for a second knife i.e. a left sided sheath.

Might have to think about making one of them for my Cold Steel Bushman, might get me to use it more.

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Well, it can be worn either side, so theoretically is fine for both Left and Right handed people to wear on either the Left or Right.

It's very sturdy, despite the thickness of the leather :)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Well, it can be worn either side, so theoretically is fine for both Left and Right handed people to wear on either the Left or Right.

I was thinking more of the fact that it would angle to your hand on the left for a right hand draw. Also be easier to return because of the angle.

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Ah, now I follow ya! ;)

Yeah, it's an easy draw across the body and tucks away nicely.
Also, the added tension of your belt holds the knife firm and with the angle of the sheath it doesn't dig in your hip when crouching etc.

Thanks for the compliments people :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE