Palladium boots for hot weather hiking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redsalmon

Jun 12, 2010
divot
wading in late with this, but ...

i used (and still have) palladiums (pampa i think) for a senegal/guinea bissau trip couple of year ago. trip report here http://kayakwestafrica.wordpress.com/ . very good as an all round hot weather shoe, wanders in the bush, beach, kayaking (mostly, not good grip on slimy rock cos of rubber sole) etc. as said above more protection than sandals, youre not going to lose them to the mud or your toes to the thorns.. yes, they are straying on the fashion side but i like this because they can be washed down for the dancehall when needs be.

i would happliy use them for dry mountain scrambling, but looking at them now i'm not going to use them for a planned morocco hike cos not sure how they would cope with packing a load or continuous rockery (the fabric may rip and wouldn't want to be in snow with them, so looking for stronger fabric boots just now). they are just a tougher version of allstars, good thick rubber sole, no ankle support or waterproofing.

palladiums are great for hot weather heat and dust; they don't get out in scotland much so they're going back to West africa soon as i can take them there ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE