Pag Island, Fox Parang 6" and Mora 2000 (pics heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all,
vacancies are over, it’s time for some pics and a brief review of sharpen tools I had with me.
First of all the scenario, Pag Island in Croatia

Pag it’s a quite big island, an arid, windy, beautiful place in the middle of the Adriatic Sea

From Pag you may see the inner coast and the Velebit mountains, during winter cold winds came from there, so don’t expect a warmy environment if you visit this place on Christmas 

Old stone’s walls are typical here, as per the sheeps breeding (good cheese!)

Our RV and bikes

The island is rich in fruits, also many terrains are abandoned by the owners, so no problem to feed something also in “emergency” situation 

May you see something?

Look now…

I used different knives here. First was Mora 2000 on dry olive woods

The Mora 2000 performed really well, it just had any damages on the blade after some carving on the though olive wood, and need to be resharpen to eliminate them

Than I used it to make a sun repair, he performed well on fresh woods

And to do an improvised spear from bamboo

but not luck on fishing , anyway the knife performed ok.
I had also my Fox Parang 6” with me,

same results on building our sun repair, but a lot of work allowed

Mora 2000 performed really well, it’s a great knife for light jobs and carving, edge retention is good, handle is comfy, it’s light and effordable, for the price (25 euro) I guess it’s unbeateable. On the downside the edge is thin, so on hard woods you may expect any damages. Fox Parang 6” it’s a pure worker,a great chopper also if not a large knife, a good camp-knife in summary, the handle it’s not my cup of tea (too small and elaborate) but the D-guard I done solved the 90% of these problems. A set-up with Parang 6” + Mora 2000 + a SAK could solve the 99% of my problems.
Ciao,
Alfredo

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Good review, and fantastic pics Alfredo, it looks like a stunning place, i like large populated islands, you seem to get some of the more intricate craft skills still being practised, I guess down to a bit more isolation than the mainland., is that a stick insect in the bush? if so it looks crazy.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Fantastic pictures Alfredo , what a beautifull place and the weather we can only dream of here.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
nice review alfredo beutiful place great shots thanks for sharing regards dave

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Good review, and fantastic pics Alfredo, it looks like a stunning place, i like large populated islands, you seem to get some of the more intricate craft skills still being practised, I guess down to a bit more isolation than the mainland., is that a stick insect in the bush? if so it looks crazy.
Thanks. Yes is a stick insect :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE