Packraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I'm musing about getting a packraft. A quick Google says they're bloody expensive. Anyone got a packraft? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bearbait

Try checking out Song of the Paddle for some help. Some members here frequent both sites.

Also try this link. May help.

I keep pondering a packraft too. At the moment it's a toss up between a packraft and a Gumotex Palava - quite disimilar but I'm feeling the need for another canoe (I have a regular one). And, for the same reasons, like tents, axes, knives, rucksacks, etc. one is not enough.

Rabbit leg

Forager
Nov 9, 2016
UK and world
You can only cross waters or go downstream. Really hard work trying to cover distance with bike or camping gear on board.
Get a childrens dinghy in the same dimensions for £20. Try it for a day.
There used to be a website where the childrens one's were converted to packrafts.

If you get a Gumotex you can do long tours and bounce over rocks.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
There's a guy up the valley from me in Aviemore who'd be worth having a chat with........ https://backcountry.scot
No personal connection, just seems pretty knowledgeable and I've heard good things from others.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE