Packable oak bucksaws for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello people ,
I would like to offer people the opportunity to take part in a group buy in the following made by a local maker , due to the nature of these if people are interested and wish to have one made there will be a £15.00 deposit to be paid upfront to the maker.:-

Around camp a good saw is a fantastic tool for cutting larger logs either for firewood or construction materials. This hand-crafted solid oak bucksaw has a beautiful oiled finish and is fitted with a 24" top quality Bahco raker toothed, green wood blade. All fittings are marine grade stainless steel.

Bucksaw-1_zpsa40d6180.jpg

The saw is designed so that it can be re-assembled into a pack friendly configuration requiring no additional parts or storage bags. Just the same bits in a different order.

Bucksaw-2_zpsf685d1a1.jpg

In 'pack' mode, the blade is securely stored within the frame so there is no risk of snagging or damaging other items in your pack.

Made to order for the fantastic price of £60 (plus delivery)

Bucksaw-3_zpsd3e77db1.jpg

This is what Joe O'Leary from Wilderness Survival Skills had to say about the Saw:-

Joe O'Leary:
PACKABLE OAK BUCKSAWS FOR SALE!
"Having seen one of these saws in the flesh and in action this weekend I can say that the quality of workmanship is top notch and the packing system is clever and non-complicated. If you carry an axe as part of your kit then you should really carry one of these to compliment it. Sawing large section wood is generally much safer and more energy efficient than using an axe for the same job. An axe and bucksaw combo allows the processing of large section fire wood and building materials for projects around camp. If you aim for self- reliance outdoors then you need one of these tools.
"

The saw compares very well when compared to other Bushcraft Saws of the same design type and is available for the Price of £60.00.

http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/503-Woodlore-Folding-Buck-Saw/

If people would like to express an interest in having one made for them please list your committed interest here.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi Martin , No ,no carry case.

"The saw is designed so that it can be re-assembled into a pack friendly configuration requiring no additional parts or storage bags. Just the same bits in a different order."

hth

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just asking , as currently its not an option , but IF these came supplied with a carry case with handle would it make people more tempted? I don't see the issue myself as it will slide down the side of a Bergan without a problem , but if its going to be a sticking point we can look into it.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I had to look several times before i found the price of £60 in smaller print might help if it was made clearer. :) good luck

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
They look a cracking piece of kit and are really good to use.
I think if it were to include a sleeve to carry it in people would be more tempted.
Many people would probably carry this on the outside of the pack like they do an axe and if its packed in its own bag be more secure.

Just an observation but it looks like the blade has to come out of its slot(when assembled) and be bolted to the side then covered with the cross brace. Of the others available the blade has been made to fold into the two uprights completely covering it and making it safer. This also eliminates the need to use wing nuts which can catch on things.

DSC_0194_zps53bd7c9a.jpg

DSC_0193_zps0b8b15aa.jpg

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
They look a cracking piece of kit and are really good to use.
I think if it were to include a sleeve to carry it in people would be more tempted.
Many people would probably carry this on the outside of the pack like they do an axe and if its packed in its own bag be more secure.

I have passed on the comments ref a Bag / Carrying case , it may be in the pipeline. It also may not.

Thanks for the input and nice photos.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Maybe better supplied with a hardwoods blade ? Who wants to fell and cut green wood that's so big you need a pack saw .....just a thought.

adam_myers

Sep 25, 2011
durham
Was shown this by a friend, fine piece of woodwork how long will it take to make? Thinking of getting one it'll fit in with my Duluth pack perfectly.

Thanks in advance Adam.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Was shown this by a friend, fine piece of woodwork how long will it take to make? Thinking of getting one it'll fit in with my Duluth pack perfectly.

Thanks in advance Adam.

Hi Adam , I will get back to you with an answer as soon as I have the maker contact me back.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi, I've now spoken to the maker and he has said he will have a few finished units by the end of this week coming.

Its on a 1st come, 1st served basis.

Also those that want a case to carry the finished product , steps have been taken and I'll keep you posted via this thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE