Pack recomendations up to £80

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mabster

Mar 15, 2010
Shetland
Hi there folks.
I'm building up my collection of gear as each week goes by and I realised that my 40litre pack just isn't big enough for a tent+bag.

I am on the lookout for a pack that will take my tipi (polish army) bivibag and sleeping bag (most likely us army modular system).
I'll also be taking a large trangia with me.

Comfort obviously is important and being the skinny thing I am (bar chest and biceps ofcourse) I will need a bit of padding on it.
I like the look of the army Bergens and they seem to have extra bits for adding on etc.
Unsure of what size I will really need.

My walks with be 2/3 days max without too muh of a walk in and mainly overnighters.

Cheers in advance folks.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
I dunno what size you're looking for but i just picked up a second hand Berghaus Vulcan, which is 80lt main, plus side pouches can take it up to 100lt.

Excellent build quality, comfortable back system, acres of room. Only cost £45 for everything.

www.endicotts.com

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Hi there folks.
I'm building up my collection of gear as each week goes by and I realised that my 40litre pack just isn't big enough for a tent+bag.

I am on the lookout for a pack that will take my tipi (polish army) bivibag and sleeping bag (most likely us army modular system).
I'll also be taking a large trangia with me.

Comfort obviously is important and being the skinny thing I am (bar chest and biceps ofcourse) I will need a bit of padding on it.
I like the look of the army Bergens and they seem to have extra bits for adding on etc.
Unsure of what size I will really need.

My walks with be 2/3 days max without too muh of a walk in and mainly overnighters.

Cheers in advance folks.

I'd go for the karrimor sf range very well padded straps and are made to last forever try a search on ebay you can pickup some good deals on there from time to time

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I dunno what size you're looking for but i just picked up a second hand Berghaus Vulcan, which is 80lt main, plus side pouches can take it up to 100lt.

Excellent build quality, comfortable back system, acres of room. Only cost £45 for everything.

www.endicotts.com

Seconded, I had one for a while but prefered the Karrimor when I tried one for a week.
If you can stretch your budget go for a Karrimor otherwise give Kev a ring at Endicotts and he'll sort you out a tidy Vulcan for half the price.

It's worth trying them both on fully loaded if you can, although that's easier said than done in reality unless you can get to a bushy meet probably.

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
endicotts have the Dutch issue Sting in stock as well, runs to about £55, I guess it's about 80L with pockets and that is quite a bit of room. Really nice bit of kit.

I have an issue bergen and it is very easy to pack more than you need.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
GoLite jam is £85 in 72 liters, or £67.5 in 51. The latter is available in green. Both weigh way less than any surplus packs. And dyneema is far superior to the nylon used in army packs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE