Outdoorsman's Diary

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I've started some work on this idea, trying to collate various bits of info, going through that Lulu site and also playing with formatting.
One of the big questions that would need to be sorted out would be as regards the format.
Lulu produce several formats of which I think one of these (the two smallest) would be best:
Pocket= 4.25" x 6.875"
A5 = 5.833" x 8.264"

it would almost undoubtably be black and white as colour more than trebles the cost (up over the £20 mark) and isn't available in pocket format

The fonts involved, as with most diaries, would be pretty small. If not then the book could become rather thick.
There's one more formatting question- which format would people prefer?
-To have the extra information (hunting seasons, astronomical events) at the beginning in a series of tables and then have a week at a time on view with less info
-To have no extra tables but then have 1 or 2 days per page with the information included there.

I'm leaning towards the first option and the pocket size simply to keep the size of the book low and the utility of it high.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
It should be an almanac, it just depends whether the relevant information should be in prose or note form and if people would accept a lot of tables or want a daily organisation.
Things like moon and sun rise and setting times need to be on a day-by-day format to give the information.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Was looking for stuff to help my student plan project and came to this site, www.diyplanner.com and oticed it had a number of templates for creating diarys etc., don't know if it will be any use to you... I've got a lot on so thats all I can contribute at the moment.
jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE