Outdoor Solar Lights - Recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any recommendations for outdoors/garden solar lights that last?

just want something to constantly and reliably illuminate an area ( doesn't need to be Sun levels of lux power ) but must be durable and have longevity.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
These did work quite well for 18 months or so.

Reactions: Broch

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have sets from Ikea that are still going strong ten years later.
No idea if the ones on sale now are as good, but these ones were well worth the money.
I have a string of sunflowers and three lanterns.

Reactions: Broch

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I bought a couple from Sevenday shop 5+ years ago.

One died within two or three months but the other is still going strong and really out performs any other that I've tried. If I could buy more of them I would

Reactions: TeeDee

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've only had this one a year, so I'm tempting fate a bit. It feels a bit flimsy but then I've not found any that feel more robust and it has survived a year in an exposed position. It's a 5w PIR light that stays illuminated at a low level and shines brightly when the PIR is activated. I wasn't aware of the low light feature but as it turns out its been good as a security light. The PIR activated full setting is bright enough to work under and shines a decent way. Bought from Toolstation via an offer but available cheaper elsewhere - https://www.toolstation.com/luceco-5w-solar-guardian-pir-floodlight-ip65/p43752

This may sound obvious but sighting was a bit tricky as where we need the light doesn't have a good amount of sun. I had to make a bracket up to fix it to our garage so the solar panel is aimed at the sun and the light aimed where we need it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE