Out in the Woods with SWMBO

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Finally persuaded the mrs that the woods wasn't as bad as she thought it would be and I wanted to play with my new whoopie slings so the perfect excuse.

c0022078.jpg

f5cec851.jpg

Siobhan in the hammock, quite enjoying it!

a8720929.jpg

79564b04.jpg

Obligatory new suspension shot :lmao:

1ee02bb5.jpg

Trying to get a fire going, got a flame but the wood was soaked right through and we eventually gave up, if we had been there for the night we could have got one going but didn't wasn't to spend all afternoon collecting dry wood but she had fun playing with the firesteel so that went well.

edbac8d6.jpg

44cc7b71.jpg

The 'roaring' fire :lmao:

4017964d.jpg

Had some lunch.

57079ff9.jpg

1d478109.jpg

And some pine needle tea :D

e98aa0f8.jpg

b24272e0.jpg

Was a great day out and it has hopefully convinced her that playing in the woods can be fun. We were at the woods just by Stinchar Bridge in the North of the Galloway Forrest and its a great bit, first I've been in those particular woods but definitely a new site for me :)

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nice one Scott ,is that what santa brought you ? you will need to get one of those two person hammocks if you and your better half are going to start going out and about ,
but i suppose you buying more kit is just fun :)

Catch up soon bud

Jason

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Ps If your girl does get into this outdoors malarkey just think of the fun you will have buying new kit :lmao:

Jason

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Aye that was a wee santa present, the two person hammock has been mentioned :yuck: Lol. She did say she would prefer a tent so that can be arranged, I tried to show her a two hammock setup that would be close to a double but she was for none of it :rofl:

Could always buy a new tent for that occasion when I need an excuse to spend money :lmao:

We'll need to get away soon bud I've got cabin fever real bad!!

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Aye that was a wee santa present, the two person hammock has been mentioned :yuck: Lol. She did say she would prefer a tent so that can be arranged, I tried to show her a two hammock setup that would be close to a double but she was for none of it :rofl:

Could always buy a new tent for that occasion when I need an excuse to spend money :lmao:

We'll need to get away soon bud I've got cabin fever real bad!!

Just give me a PM when you are up for a trip and we will get one sorted

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Will do mate, if she does get the bug though you and Colin are never getting to meet her, can you imagine how much it'll cost me having to buy all the same kit as you guys TWICE!! :lmao: in all seriousness though gonna try and get her to come to a meet in the spring/summer when the weather is a bit better :D

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Nice set up there Scotty boy , fancy new slings and a nice axe there in the back ground , wit was the pine needle tea like, yer missies looked like she enjoyed her self

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Cheers gaz aye ma setup is slowly but surely getting there and I've had that axe for quite a while now.

Pine needle tea was a bit rotten, don't think I found the best pine needles for the job but was more trying to show her the process behind it. She seemed to enjoy herself so jobs a goodun lol :D

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks like you had a great time, and its always a good thing to convince her indoor's that the wood are great.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Havin' a larf aren't you? I used to enjoy the peace and quiet of a solitary jaunt into the woods. It's where I went to escape from her.
giggling me head of, i only took mine once and she saw the creepy crawlies, and that was it, has never come sinse, i meant it as at least she nows that you are not having a great time out there, when she looks out the window, and she see's the rain and the wind, and thinks of me out there in it, she always says your mad you are, why would you want to be out in that, if only she new, and saw the tarp to stop the rain the 24 pack, good companey, and a nice warm fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE