Out for a walk with the Dog in a rather damp Fife Scotland :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Seeing as it was such a nice day and Ive not had the dog out along the woods for a while I grabed the chance today :)

DSCF0028-2.jpg

DSCF0031-2.jpg

DSCF0030-5.jpg

I collected some of this for later on

DSCF0032-3.jpg

Looks like a fine spot to set up for a brew :)

DSCF0033-3.jpg

I split down some dead standing willow with my Gransfors Outdoor axe

DSCF0039-5.jpg

I put a layer of small split wood in the bottom of my stove then pace my fluffed up

Birch bark on top then added some more finely split wood on top. Lite it using a ferro
rod :)

DSCF0037-2.jpg

DSCF0036-2.jpg

all prepped

Brew on :)

DSCF0041-1.jpg

Pint of coffee and some trail snacks shared between me and the dog.

DSCF0050-1.jpg

DSCF0042-4.jpg

Ive just started using the little roasting tin to catch any falling embers It doesn't weigh very much and does a grand Job

DSCF0047-2.jpg

Self portrait

DSCF0052-1.jpg

Once Id finished my coffee and lunch there was very little embers and ash left I put
some water into the bottom of my mug and tip the ashes into it ensuring its all out.
scatter whats left and packed up :)

DSCF0059-4.jpg

It was a nice afternoon :)

cheers Russ

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
looks like a good day out for you and the dog. where's the snow though, you not had any up there?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Nice white GSD. ..She (hope it forgives me if it isn't a she, but femine traits 'n' all :)) looks right at home in the woods....a little snow & it would have been perfect.
Nice self portrait too, It's always interesting putting a face to a user name..:D

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Russ,
looks like you had fun, ,two questions for you, what kind of pack is that in the pic's and did you put the metal collar on the axe yourself or is it bought like that. Reason I ask is I always seem to damage that bit of my axes and had thought of putting a leather collar on to protect them , but the metal one looks good.

Andy

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Aye it been to long Stuart :)

Yes Blacktimberwolf your spot on shes getting to be an old girl now 11 this year.

I think its a surplus telemark pack I picked mine up at a show a while ago :)
No the axe came like that one of the reasons I picked it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE