Out for a few hours PART 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Well this time the temperature wasn't -25, but instead was a balmy -7C.This is the same general area as before, and as you can see we still haven't got much snow.:(
As deer season is still on I thought some brightly coloured cloth tied to her harness should prevent someone from taking a shot at her,(some guys will shoot at anything it seems) in case she was mistaken for a wolf,squirrel or sasquatch.:confused:
IMG_0543.jpg

A nice reflector for a fire
IMG_0531.jpg

The other side
IMG_0532.jpg

Looks like a scrape from a bucks antlers
IMG_0534.jpg

Crossing a river,checking ice all the way across with the axe
IMG_0550.jpg

Same river
IMG_0549.jpg

Hudson Bay style heads hang out of the way nicely
IMG_0554.jpg

I decided to try out a cheap firesteel from ebay.Cost was less than two pounds.Works great!
IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Might as well heat some water for tea after walking for a couple of hours
IMG_0581.jpg

The dog was running steady.Once she flushed a nice whitetail buck out of some thick willows about 30 meters away from me.It disappeared in a split second.Even if I would have had my camera in hand(I didn't),I wouldn't have been able to get a shot.
Awhile later a rabbit ran in front of me going full speed.Guess what was after it?
Still later she came running when I whistled for her.One look told me that she'd also found a porcupine:yikes:
I didn't want to delay getting the quills out so didn't take a picture.She had about ten stuck in her nose and mouth.Glad I always have this on my belt
IMG_0583.jpg

Another good day:D

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks for sharing.

Saw pics of dogs with quills stuck in their faces recently,can't remember if it was on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE